Thursday, November 28, 2013

Feeling Blessed



So thankful to be home with my family today.  I am especially reminded of my blessings, and how  God is in control of everything. He is my delight, and rock. He is faithful, and will continue to guide my family.

 My heart aches knowing that Natalie is going back for another heart surgery so soon. I imagined her being much older before her valve would be fixed. I can hardly think of letting her go, but deep down I know it's best for her. The first time around was difficult, but knowing what we are in for makes this journey harder.

Dr. Reddy feels that it's best to operate soon because her right atrium is pumping extra hard. It's very clear on an Echo that Natalie is working hard to pump blood, so we decided to go to Stanford in December. Her CATH procedure is scheduled for December 19th, and open heart surgery on December 20th. The CATH is going to hopefully show the exact size of her valve, and determine which procedure Dr. Reddy will do. It is likely that he will do a Rastellie procedure. This procedure is much simpler, and should take less than 6 hours, and one hour on by heart/lung by pass. There are so many complications that can arise, but we know a lot about Natalie's little quirks. Hopefully we can minimize potential issues.

We're on a wait list for Ronald Macdonald house. We will know more about our housing early December.

She is our little miracle. Everyday I just melt over her precious smiles. She recently started rice cereal. Right now it's only tastes, but I am hopeful she will continue to consume more. It seems as though she enjoys it, and is not showing signs of aspiration.

We also got her soft band BAHA device yesterday. Feeling blessed that they offered to lend us on until she gets tubes placed in her ears. Her right ear is hearing much more, but her left is still severe.

We'll keep everyone posted as we learn more.

Blessings,

The Pierce Family 









No comments:

Post a Comment